Continuing on the success of 2018, Spock Days is bringing back 'Tech Town' for 2019. Tech Town will provide visitors with local and regional technology displays and vendors - including: gamers, fibre optics, the latest in agricultural tech, electric vehicles, wind projects, solar power projects and more
TECH TOWN - Don't miss out on this year's edition of Tech Town!!!
Be sure to make your way to the Vulcan Lodge Hall (231 Centre St) between 10:00am - 3:00pm to check out different displays and presentations on innovations, projects and different technologies being employed in and around Vulcan and Vulcan County!
There will be a presentation at 1:00pm by Peter Cassurella - Executive Director of SouthGrow Regional Initiative. The presentation will cover different initiatives SouthGrow is focusing on such as EV Charge Stations and more.
"Peter Casurella is the Executive Director of the SouthGrow Regional Initiative, which is an economic development alliance working to advance the quality of life and economic opportunities for 26 member communities in south-central Alberta. In this role he focuses heavily on promoting the advancement of both agri-food and renewable energy, while marketing our region’s natural advantages on the international stage. Peter was born in Didsbury, Alberta before moving to Lethbridge and making southern Alberta his home. He holds three post-secondary degrees from both the University of Lethbridge and McMaster University, and his personal motto is ‘always improve’, an ethic that he brings to each project he takes on."
Other vendors, displays & highlights will include:
- Tesla Group
- U of C solar car team (5th generation solar car Schulich Elysia to race in the American Solar Challenge)
- VR Nation hosting a Star Trek "Bridge Crew" virtual reality experience
- EDF Renewables
- Cervus Equipment
- RA West
- Rainbow Literacy
- Phinneys's Phixers
- A&N Doors
- AgraCity (Ag artificial intelligence, crop scouting, fixed wing drone)
- Chinook Financial
For questions about the event, please contact Ray at 403-485-7536
- Vendors will agree to remain set during the open hours of the market, take down after 3pm.
- No early move out is permitted without prior consent.
- You are required to check in at the check-in table prior to set up
- Placement at the market is decided by a Spock Day Committee Member, list special requirements above.
- 3rd Ave between the library and Lodge Hall will have a street closure for large item displays for Tech Town.
- The parade goes down Centre Street from 10-11am so you will have better access for loading from the alley.
- Table costs: $50.00
- We will send out confirmation within 5 business days of receiving your application.
- The Vendor agrees to protect, keep, and save Vulcan Spock Days Association (the promoter of this event) forever harmless from any damage or damages imposed for violations of any ordinance or regulation by the Vendor.
- We are trying to keep this a safe family friendly environment. Vendors agree not to sell or distribute any adult material.